- Offers nutritional support for the immune system†
- Helps promote a healthy digestive and respiratory system†
- Makes skin appear softer and feel smoother†
- Provides nutritional support for healthy skin, hair, and nails†
- Helps the body’s natural joint and cartilage repair processes†
Features & Benefits
Hailed as a great advance in nutritional science, the substance methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is one of the most versatile and beneficial of all nutrients. It’s also one of the most often overlooked. In spite of the fact that sulfur is the fourth most abundant mineral in our bodies. Sulfur supplementation has never received the attention it merits.
Sulfur is a basic component of the proteins that form our organs and muscles. Beyond that, sulfur is crucial to many of the vitamins, enzymes, hormones, and antibodies that keep us alive and healthy. Everything from our muscles and organs to our skin and bones relies on organic sulfur in some way.
Scientific research demonstrates MSM’s potential to:
- Offer nutritional support for the immune system†
- Help promote a healthy digestive system†
- Make skin appear softer and feel smoother†
- Provide nutritional support for healthy skin, hair, and nails†
- Assist in supporting healthy connective tissues underlying the skin†
MSM Ultra caplets provide a simple and convenient way to supplement your diet with Pharmaceutical-Grade MSM.
- Benefit from a full 1,000 mg of patented stabilized MSM in each caplet, combined with 100 mg of Citri-C Complex™ for the most effective results
- Easy to swallow, MSM Ultra caplets are potency-protected with FreeLife’s exclusive Vita-Coat™ antioxidant caplet coating system
- Get 100% of the RDA for vitamin C in every caplet
Baker, D.H. (1986). Utilization of isomers and analogs of amino acids and other sulfur-containing compounds. Progress in Food & Nutritional Science, (10), 33-78.
Darr, D. (1992). Vitamin C: Topical skin protector.The Nutrition Report, 10(7), 49-56.
Darr, D., et al. (1993). Effectiveness of a combination of vitamins C and E in inhibiting UV damage to porcine skin. Journal of Investigative Dermatology (100),597.
Darr, D., et al. (1992) Topical vitamin C protects skin. The Nutrition Report, (10),:
Darr, D.,et al. (1992). Topical vitamin c protects porcine skin from ultraviolet radiation-induced damage. British Journal of Dermatology (127), 247-253.
Henson, D.E., et al. (1992). Does vitamin C protect against UVA and UVB? Patient Care, May 30, 14-17.
Henson, D.E., et al. (1991). Biological functions in relation to cancer. Journal of the National Cancer Institute, (83), 547-550.
Herschler, R.J. Methylsulfonylmethane and methods of use. United States Patent 4,296,130; October 20, 1981.
Herschler, R.J. Dietary and pharmaceutical uses of methylsulfonylmethane and compositions comprising it. United States Patent 4,514,421; April 30, 1985.
Herschler, R.J. Methylsulfonylmethane in dietary products. United States Patent 4,616,039; October 7, 1986.
Jacob, S.W. & Herschler, R.J. (1983). Introductory remarks: Dimethylsulfoxide after twenty years. Annals of New York Academy of Science, (411), xiii-xvii.
Pearson, T.W., Dawson, H.J., &Lackey, H.B. (1981). Natural occurring levels of dimethylsulfoxide in selected fruits, vegetables, grains and beverages. American Chemical Society.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
Serving Size: 1 Vita-Coat caplet
|Vitamin C [from 100 mg Citri-C Complex™] (glycosyl flavone-bound ascorbic and isoascorbic acids)||60 mg||100|
|Patented MSM® (purified methylsulfonylmethane)||1000 mg||*|
PROPRIETARY CITRI-C COMPLEX™ BLEND
Ascorbic acid, isoascorbic acid, citrus glycosyl flavones (cirantin, isosakuranetin- 7-beta-rutinoside, narirutin, eriocitrin, nobiletin, tangeretin, heptamethoxyflavone)
* Daily Value not established
Other ingredients: Cellulose, cellulose gum, vegetable stearic acid, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate, Vita-Coat™ (vegetable resin, alpha-lipoic acid).
Contains no solvents, sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, corn, dairy products, coloring, flavoring, or preservatives.
Suggested Usage: Take one to three caplets twice a day with meals as a dietary supplement.